I found this sight, Inspired to Action, on The Nester's blog. Inspired to Action has an e-book called Maximize Your Mornings. You have to subscribe to her blog to get a free copy. It was helpful in getting a plan together. Nothing you didn't already know, but it's all written down in one place. She talks about waking up for your children and not waking up to your children. It does make a difference...as I've seen in the past.
Now I just have to decide whether or not I'm going to realistically be able to do this. I don't want to set myself up for failure...that's no way to start out a new year. I think I'm going to try and start in February. Kipp is still waking at night, well he was this week for what ever reason. Last week, with Blasen gone, I really had few if any problems. I'm hoping in the next few weeks, we'll have him sleeping through the night consistently.
If I can do this, it will free up a lot of my time during the day to focus more on my children and make me a bit more pleasant in the mornings.
I thought someone may find it useful...I did. It would make it so much easier if the schools would just start about an hour later. Maybe I should petition the school board?
4 comments:
I was just talking to Rob the other day about how every time I wake up I feel as you described "rising from near death" ha ha I asked him if he thinks anyone really wakes up and feels good in the mornings or if it is just normal to feel like you got hit by a dump truck and fell off a cliff hitting every tree on the way down? I guess I need to ask a morning person.
But I commend you on your efforts. I have contemplated many times waking up before Liv and working out, reading scriptures, etc. I now work out while she naps during the day which means I have to try to work out and get ready before she wakes up and she's not a long napper at all.
So let me know how waking up early goes...maybe you'll inspire me:)
Just remember that exercise doesn't have to be in the morning. But the refreshing self time is good when it exists. Don't forget music is a great stimulater for attitude. sometimes i use a music cd, I bought one the made one. You have music then words to motivate kids that they should be done dressing, making bed, eating, and they get pts for it that add up to time w parents or treat. WE moved on to just motivational music or sometimes soft. It works sometimes. Mommas attitude is everything. remember you can do lunges on the stairs and calfs. exercising 4, 15 mins in a day is still an hr of the day. exercise during playtime. it may feel and look weird doing scissors when playing but time is time. I used flylady.com to help with cleaning time and it seemed to help whenn I used it. just don't sign up for all the emails its alot. Keep up the good work, have you read 123 magic or the five love langues of children? good luck
Sara, having use to be a morning person it is hard for me to figure out how to get going in the morning. I found a trick that works for me. It still doesn't make me hop out of bed, but it's feels better getting up. Stretching! Not just the normal arms over your head morning stretch, but sit in bed with your legs crossed and take 5-10min to stretch. Reach over your head, then let your arms and body fall forward. Any other stretch that makes you feel good in the morning. It really makes stepping out of bed feel better. I think it gets the blood flowing?!
I love Inspired to Action!! I look forward to her emails. The Mom's Mission Statement is something I really need to think more about.
I, too, have this horrible disability and would love to do something about it, but I think DSS would not look fondly on a mom who goes to the gym at 5:00am and leaves her child sleeping alone at home. LOL Also, Lilah and I seem to be linked somehow...if I wake up earlier, then so does she, and then that totally keeps me from having my quiet time and so then I'm cranky and behind.
*le sigh*
Maybe I'll figure something out soon.
Post a Comment