It was pretty cold here mid-week. That meant no going outside. For how few days we've had where it's "super cold", to us at least, I don't mind not bundling up everyone just to go outside for a few minutes. We'll just find some fun indoor activities. These kiddo's favorite? Hands down...painting. I really don't mind and should do it more often. I just don't think about it for whatever reason. I wish I had some butcher paper. I've been looking online to buy a large roll of butcher paper for art projects and the likes. It's actually not that badly priced. Of course, I'd want the paper holder too and that's a bit pricey.
Zade always enjoys mixing the colors together to see what he can make. It always ends up brown in the end. This time he liked turning the water in his brush cup different colors.
While Zade takes his time with his artwork, Isla is a mass producer of artwork. Where Zade made 3, Isla had about 8. She, like her mama, has an affinity to the color red.
These are the projects I enjoy. There is no screaming or fighting or hitting and usually no crying involved.
3 comments:
The only one of my boys that likes art is Brett! He loves it...he doesn't even write a name without doing something cool or funky with it. He is really good at it naturally and enjoys it. So for his Birthday we got him a little sketch pad of his own, colored pencils, a large eraser, and some tracing paper. He really loves it! I'm glad your kids had so much fun!
Fun!
Check Ikea for the paper holder. I think they have one. Also, you know someone out there has thought of a way to make one. A dowel and some shelf-type brackets, maybe? Like a big paper towel holder?
Post a Comment