I was meaning to share the recipes from the surprise party. I believe I mentioned before that I tried some new things for my mother's party.
We had this pasta salad I found from The Cottage Home.
![]() |
| image source |
We also had the famous "Bev's Buns"...a recipe from a family friend.
3 pans of dinner rolls(you know the ones that come in the aluminum pan
1lb ham, shaved
3/4lb swiss cheese
1 med onion, chopped
3 Tbsp mustard
3 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1 stick margarine, melted
Split rolls in half(entire pan at a time) and butter each half with melted margarine. Combine, onion, mustard, and Worcestershire sauce. Spread mixture evenly over bottom of rolls. Layer ham and cheese. Place bun top on. Cover with foil and bake at 350 for 15 minutes.
These are great too. In the past, I've used larger rolls and we've had these for dinner. Sort-of a fancier ham and cheese sandwich. No pictures sorry...but trust me, they're yummo too.
I also made a 7 Layer Dip recipe by Pam Anderson...I think the same one that PW had on her blog...the one that made the Carnitas. Remember? The only change I made was I added some mexican roasted chicken on top. Again...yummo.
I made a Greek Cheese Torte that was a Pampered Chef recipe. I'm not sure if the folks of Pampered Chef would appreciate me putting their recipe online, so I'll just say cream cheese, feta, spinach, greek seasoning, and sun-dried tomatoes...you can't go wrong. Of course, served with Stacy's Pita chips. I'm a pita chip snob...Stacy's are the only ones for me.
We also had one of my all-time favorite punches...Spiced Cranberry Punch.
2/3 cup sugar
6-1" cinnamon sticks
2 tsp whole allspice
2 tsp whole cloves
1/4 tsp salt
1 qt cranberry juice
1 can unsweetened pineapple juice
1-2L ginger ale, chilled
Combine all, except ginger ale; simmer in large sauce pan for 10 min. Strain and chill. Add ginger ale.
I actually like to freeze it and then pour the ginger ale over it and it is slushy like. Very good.
The other stuff were just fruits and veggies. The fruit dip is a standard in our house...just a cup yogurt and a container of cool whip.
So, there are the recipes. Sorry there are not pictures...I was too busy eating.

1 comment:
Those ham rolls are a Christmas favorite for my family. Yum!
Post a Comment