Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Finding Time


I know you all have been quite surprised by how often I've been posting. Honestly, I've surprised myself. I've always enjoyed it....it's somewhat of a release for me in addition to a family history of sorts.
Lately, I've been trying to figure out how to carve out time for things that I think are important. No. 1 on the list...reading scriptures. So, as I was pondering it and praying over it this weekend. The obvious answer came to me. You can't get on the computer, even to check your email in the morning(because we all know you can't just stop there), before reading your scriptures.
The last two days...I haven't been able to get on the internet until around 2pm. But I've read my scriptures. I know I'll get better, because I want to blog and read blogs and email and maybe pay a bill occasionally. And I've got some fun things to share...one being my new favorite show. Maybe tomorrow, huh?

4 comments:

tracyp said...

Paying bills is overrated. :). Good job on your new schedule, I NEED to adopt that one also.

Jeni said...

I remember when I lived in Memphis Jenny Sue would get up a half hour before her kids to read her scriptures. I think that is such a fabulous idea. Hard, but fabulous. I copied the Seminary students' pacing guide...that helps me. I hardly ever read as much as what they have listed, but it gives me something to go by. No internet till scriptures, though...that is a great idea!

tracyp said...

Ok.. so I tried to adopt this idea, I made it one day. Today I did get on the inet first, but I did read the ensign... I count that. But I think of you now before I open the computer.

Sara said...

I'll count the Ensign. It's a lot harder than you realize, huh? I'm glad I'm motivating someone!