Monday, September 12, 2011

The End of the Storm


I last left you in the midst of Kid's Market prep...and it got even better. After a long Friday of finally labeling and pricing everything, surprisingly preparing dinner, feeding the baby, and getting ready to take Bliss to Hobby Lobby to pick-up a cake pan for his birthday the phone rings. Blasen answers and I here him say "That should be fine, but let me check with my wife." I could tell my dear, sweet husband didn't want to necessarily deliver the message...a realtor wants to show the house tomorrow morning at 10. I can't say no even though my house looks like closets, cupboards, and cabinets have all simultaneously exploded. I've got fabric still all over the upstairs landing, clothes crates stacked in my bedroom and closet, clothes in the laundry room ready for the consignment sale, and the kids' craft cabinet contents on the floor of their closet(it completely fell apart and I just threw all their stuff in laundry baskets in their closet). Never mind that all other regular house keeping tasks had been pushed to the side. Ugh.

I respond with a smile and an "of course...why not?" Surprisingly we got everything back in order and cleaned and I was in bed before midnight. Saturday morning we were up, grass cut, porches and sidewalks swept, kitchen cleaned and mopped, car packed, and off to the rugby pitch by 9:30. The weather was beautiful and we all enjoyed being outside for a while without threat of heat stroke!
Blasen scoring for 2nd or 3rd time. Go Blasen!
We ended our day all exhausted but to a clean house, a rugby victory, and no more piles of stuff for kids' market. We watched the Alabama game, cheered, and I drank me some much deserved Diet Dr. Pepper.

1 comment:

Jeni said...

Sometimes it's great to have an excuse to get the house clean! Hope the showing went well and will bring a sale!!