Wednesday, March 30, 2011

A Trip Home

This week Blasen is gone again after being home for a whole 2 days. After dropping him at the airport, we headed to my parents' to visit them, the Messervys, and the Freistaedters (try to say that quickly, much less spell it!). The kids loved visiting their youngest cousin, Roma. She is getting so big and loves playing with the big kids.
While there, the girls left the men behind and took the kids to lunch and fabric shopping. The lunch was an attempted bribe for the fabric store that didn't quite work. We all did find a little something and added to our project lists. I got some great small yellow stripe shirting material for $2/yd. Like I need more material, but i just couldn't pass it up. On the way home, Bliss decides he has to use the bathroom again. Now, this child has the bladder of a mouse or something. He uses the bathroom about as much as me and I'm 8 months pregnant(I exaggerate a little, but only slightly). Unfortunately he is all the way in the back and one of the hardest to get out. The man parked next to us at the gas station just stared and laughed at us as we freed Bliss from the back by leaning Isla's seat forward while still strapped in her seat. She was not very happy about this, but it was the only way to not wake Roma who was asleep in the middle of the back seat. We all got home exhausted and decided on hot dogs and leftovers for dinner. But Zade did finally get his birthday cake that night.
We're back home now and I'm worn out from the late night talks with the sisters(Lacy and Elizabeth). The boys had fun with Uncle David and his field trips in the forest. And a huge thanks to my mother who would let me sleep in and make an attempt at rest. There's just not much sleeping that happens at night now between bathroom breaks and the simple rolling over. Dontcha just hate that?! I really can't complain, it always could be worse.
Now I have to go and look for a maternity dress that is light champagne in color and nice enough to wear to a wedding next weekend where I'm a hostess. When I agreed to this, I didn't think about how pregnant I am or how difficult it might be to find something to wear. Wish me luck.


1 comment:

Cheyenne said...

Does it have to be champagne? If all else fails, I have a REALLY nice black maternity dress you could wear a champagne shawl with. Just in case you need a plan B and you're not hostessing for Bridezilla. :)