I know I promised another posts on the projects I was able to do during the week sans kids or husband, but since Halloween is now over I figured I'd post all our Halloween festivities now instead of later.
We had a jam-packed week of Halloween fun...of which I've never done before. It's such a kid-fun holiday and my kids are at the age when they know what's going on and want to participate. Granted for how many things we did, I do not have correlating photos. As life mostly goes when it's me vs. 3 small children, we're late and I don't have enough hands (or brain matter) to take photos too.
We started off the week with a chocolate pound cake. I was going to put orange glaze on it, but it was too good to add anything to it.
We did Halloween art. This is always a nightmare for me, because glue and tiny paper end up everywhere. But I grin and bare it because they really like it.
I made Isla a Halloween jumper to go with these cute leggings I found last year. That's a cat on the front that she kept covering up when I tried to take pictures.
We made ghost cookies one day and had a friend over to make Halloween cutouts from rice krispy treats(way easier than sugar cookies) another day.
| Just Nutter Butters dipped in white almond bark and decorated with mini choco chips. Like you could discern that for yourselves just by looking at the picture. |
We were invited to a pumpkin carving over in the other historic district and had loads of fun. We used to do one with all our friends in Tuscaloosa, but just haven't done one in Decatur since we moved here. The kids had lots of fun and so did we.
| The kids and I did the dirty part and Blasen carved. |
| Some of the finished pumpkins. |
| Ours is the bat. |
| I just love a picture of myself hunched over and in mid-sentence. Very flattering. |
That was lots of pictures and I don't like Blogger's new photo uploading. I really liked being able to type when I was uploading photos. Oh well. I will post those projects with links to any tutorials later.
2 comments:
Fun!! I love Isla's leggings and jumper. My GGma bought some for Isabel last year (not realizing she bought infant size for a 3 yr old) so I had to cut the tights and make them into leg warmers. I love the nutter butter idea!
Do you remember when we made those cookies for the Halloween party we had in the Yellow Brick House? I remember not knowing that dry ice would freeze to your hand. Oops. That was a really fun party.
I love Halloween too, exhausting as it is. I hate we were sick this year, which put a damper on some of our activities. I guess there is always next year!
And email me back, yo.
Post a Comment