Wednesday, September 8, 2010

The Dethroning of Queen Isla


Grandpa A. called on Sunday to let Queen Isla know that she's been dethroned. Brisa may hate me for posting this picture...but here is the new Elmer family photo. Yes, Little Liv Ann was born early Sunday morning after 17 hours of laboring. She weighed in at 7lbs 8oz and 20 inches long. Is she not the cutest little thing?! Grandma and Grandpa are out there right now, so good timing for them. I've already warned Brisa that her dad is going to try and kidnap the baby! And Bliss is dying to hold her and love on her. I've tried explaining to him they live far away, but he doesn't care...he's ready to see her.
I still can't believe that Brisa has a baby! Not that I don't think she's a great mother...I just remember when she was in Primary. She's not supposed to be having babies yet, because that means I'm old-er. She is a great mother. And what better way to start your family than with a cute little baby like Liv here?!


Note: I'm petitioning for an Elmer family blog so I can have updates....what'dya think Brisa?

5 comments:

tracyp said...

wow..it seems like just a month or two ago I found out she was pregnant! Yea for Brisa!!! Liv is so cute!

Jeni said...

Brisa a mom! Crazy wonderful! 17 hours of labor?? I cannot IMAGINE being in labor for 17 hours! Good for her. Love the name, love the baby, love Brisa! Hooray for the newest Archibald grandbaby!

Jennie said...

So cute! Brisa may be mad about the picture, but she looks so beautiful! Queen Isla is not dethroned, there's just more than one throne now - like the 12 dancing princesses, right?

PS
Don't talk to me about being old-er!!
;)

mcamp said...

didn't know she was even preggers well congrats to them

Anonymous said...

While in Rexburg, we actually found two calling just suited to DeAnn and I...
1. We want to be called as the married student ward "infant shepherds"... We would sit up on the stand, and whenever a newborn cried, we would walk down off the stand and take the little tot out into the foyer and hold it for the duration of the meeting.
2. We want to be called as the nursery leaders at the Rexburg temple, and care for the little tikes who are waiting to be sealed to their parents... DeAnn would handle the 3-11 kids, and I would handle (maul) the infants and awesome 2 year-olds!

That said, after careful thought, I have decided that Liv is the "Idaho Baby Queen" and Isla is the "Alabama Baby Queen."

And I do resent the implication that I would steal Brisa's baby... Other than Bliss and Zade, I have never been known to do such a thing!

Old Man River