I have lots that I've been wanting to post, but just never sitting my fanny down to do it. Well, my fanny's been sitting down...just not in front of the computer. Tonight, Blasen is to be acting like I'm not here, so I can do some stuff for myself. He gets rugby one night a week, so we thought it would be fair for me to have some time for me and no house related work, unless it's a project or something that I want to do. You get the idea. So far, no interruptions and no sounds of war from downstairs.
After the last time I wrote, Blasen and I enjoyed a few days on our own, no kids allowed. The kids went to visit his parents in Tuscaloosa for a few days. It was nice to have quiet time together and the kids love going to visit the grandparents. School hadn't started yet, so they got to spend time with their uncles and aunts too. So Blasen and I did some thrift store scouring. We both love to go, but look for entirely different things. Always on my list is shoes for the kids, then I always look in their knick-knack section for good finds. Here's some stuff I found.
 |
I found a woman's winter wool coat for $5. I may replace the buttons and I need to let out the sleeve hem.
|
 |
| Small suitcase. Not sure what I'll do with it yet, but it was super cute and just $1.50. |
 |
| Some of my fabric finds. Yes, the top one is a sheet, but I think it will make a cute outfit for Isla. The green is a linen look, I think. Super cheap finds though. |
I also found an angel food cake pan for $2, a bunny rabbit cake pan(I bought mainly for vintage look than actually using for Easter, but Bliss is totally ready to make something using it.), and these steel tray things. I think they are for cooking steaks maybe? Not real sure. Right now they are being used for display on my china cabinet in the kitchen. I thought I had taken pictures of them, but I can't find them. I'll add them later. I also got a headboard for Bliss's bed for a few dollars. They didn't have the foot board, so I got it for cheaper. I just have it propped up behind his bed for now. It needs a new coat of paint and the floral appliqué thingy needs to be painted over.
 |
| Cute Jessica Simpson shoes for $4. Some people are grossed-out by used shoes, but these looked like they were hardly ever worn. I cleaned them off and stuck them in the freezer to kill anything they may be carrying. |
 |
| These weren't found in the thrift store, but at Ross. I just love them and they are super comfy. |
I didn't lay around much when the kids were gone like I had originally planned on, but I had fun none-the-less. We did go to a movie. Blasen and I are so far behind on movies that we could go to the $1 theater and have a great selection to chose from. We saw Robin Hood. I don't know why, but I just love movies with Russell Crowe. And I've always enjoyed movies from Ridley Scott. So a winner in my book.
Many of you may think me pathetic, but no kids, thrift storing, and $1 movie was a great anniversary gift. But if you know me, that's right up my ally.
3 comments:
Super cute finds! I found a Star Wars C3PO Wilton cake pan at a thrift store last week and bought it for $1. I go home and look it up on Ebay. That sucker is selling for $62. My dilemma? Sell or keep? You know I have a thing for cake pans.
And I love your bedding. We're using the quilt you made me right now. We use it during the summer and our down comforter during the winter. I think we're going to upgrade to a king sized bed around Christmas, but I'll still be using the quilt. I love it!
I'll call soon!
My anniversary was dinner at TGIFriday's (where we got a $10 gift card) and then onto the grocery store. Those are the best! Time you can actually talk to your spouse! I love the finds and all the posts!
I think that sounds like a fun way to spend your anniversary! Whatever you guys love is what you should be doing for your anniversary! Glad you had a great time and got some great finds.
Post a Comment