Monday, August 30, 2010

Photos from Sheboygan

This is my last day before I "jump back in the fire", according to Blasen. We head back tomorrow...to home life, kids, bills, cleaning, cooking, etc. Today, beyond my other blog post, I've spent doing what I want. I got up and took Blasen to work so I could have the car. When I got back to his apartment, I guilted myself into going for a run. I actually convinced myself that all I had to do was go walk and once I got down there I actually did run. It is quite a few the running trail on Lake Michigan. It even has little stops along the way with some exercise machines...which really remind me of China.

Where I start the running...if you can call it that.
I finished by passing back by this area and on to the lighthouse.

The lighthouse in the harbor.
It was so nice and pleasant out there. I watched as some kids were fishing at the base of the lighthouse. One went running back to shore when I first got there and I wasn't sure what was going on. Soon, I realized they had caught a big fish as I see one boy walking the line back over to calmer waters in hopes the line wouldn't break. The other boy comes running back with a net he borrowed from another fisherman further up the pier/seawall. They pull the fish in and it's a huge salmon(I had to ask). They had a 9 or 10 year old boy with them too and he was ecstatic. It was fun to watch.
I made my way back home, went to lunch with Blasen at the Mucky Duck. I had the special, which was toasted crab salad or something like that. All I know is that it was yummy...and if I was fancy smancy and had brunches I'd be serving this. It was a toasted English muffin with crab salad(real, no imitation...huge difference), slice of tomato, swiss and cheddar melted on top. They served it with two deep-fried whole mushrooms and carrots and celery sticks with ranch. Oh...I almost forgot...a slice of watermelon. Nice...yummy!
The Mucky Duck
Now I'm just laying around in the apartment reading Good in Bed by Jennifer Weiner. No, it's not what you think. I read Goodnight Nobody by her...well, listened to it...and it was sort-of depressing, so I figured I'd steer clear of her. I'm pleasantly surprised by this one though so far. I just wanted to share some pictures of my soon-to-be home town.

South beach. The Surf Classic is next weekend...yes they actually surf here.
Kite boarders...Soon-to-be Blasen's new hobby.
Sort-of like wakeboarding but you have a massive kite tethered to you, pulling you around.
If I tried, I'd likely get pulled half-way to Michigan and be stuck in the middle of the lake.
Now off to find Diet Dr. Pepper on tap somewhere...

2 comments:

tracyp said...

fun! what beautiful views!

Cheyenne said...

Gorgeous! It's so beautiful up there with so many different kinds of views. I love Wisconsin...it makes me remember childhood.