I lay in bed last night writing posts in my head. Weird, huh? It gets me to fall asleep. It always takes me forever to fall asleep anyway and then to make it worse I took a nap yesterday afternoon. Which lead me to sleeping in today and not going to run. But it's so hot outside even at 6:00...well, not too bad then, but definitely not ideal.
I had lots on my "I want to do today" list(which is way longer than my "I actually can do today" list). Funny how one little thing can about change your entire day. For me, that one little thing today was Zade. I heard the thud first...then came the scream. I was actually walking to the living room, the scene of the crime, to get on to Bliss for being too rough. I could hear Bliss already saying "I didn't do anything" but then I started listening closer and realized he was saying "Blood, Mom...there's lots of blood."(Shows how closely I listen to my children...but in my defense that is Bliss's response to just about everything these days.) I turned the corner into the living room and I see Zade bent over with blood quickly dripping out of his head. I get a towel and get the bleeding stopped and it looked like I'd sacrificed a small animal in the living room floor. Of course, Bliss grabs my white kitchen towel to clean up the blood.
We get the bleeding stopped and I can finally see the cut better. Such a small cut for so much blood, but it's pretty deep. It probably could use a stitch or two, but is all the waiting, shuffling three kids and holding down a 3 year old worth 2 stitches? I came to the conclusion of "no...not nearly worth it." I found some steri-strips my brother-in-law gave me for Bliss, cleaned up the cut and pulled it together with the strips. I think he'll be fine.
Bliss consoled Zade by telling him that now he would be like Harry Potter. Zade thought that was pretty cool. No more tears...a Popsicle for lunch....and now watching Transformers...we're good to go.
| The blanket and the thumb makes everything better. |
5 comments:
Fun times with the boys! His face in the picture is great for drumming up sympathy! Poor guy!
I stabbed my hand at the beach and it bled like crazy, too. He will have a very cool scar, though.
That is so Zade for you! Give him hugs from us!
Yikes! Krager said you txtd him. I'll be sure to get some Popsicles for Friday. I'm excited that I get those 3 for a playdate!!! Tell them Aunt Jennie can't wait to see them! Much love
--j
Hope the steri-strips make him as good as new!
Post a Comment