Why am I writing about Reader's Digest you ask? Well, this month is their annual humor issue. The other night I was reading it while in the bathroom (I told you they are great to stick in bathrooms) and just couldn't stop laughing. I brought it to bed with me, much to Blasen's chagrin I'm sure. I kept reading things to him that I found funny and we'd laugh together.
One of our favorites was a thing about texts:
"The only thing worse than drinking too much at night is texting about it the next day.
- 'I got us kicked out of the bar because the waitress found me in the kitchen trying to make spaghetti.'
- 'I literally forgot his name and just started calling him Waffles.'
- 'My blind date arrived. She looked like something I'd draw with my left hand.'
- 'My mouth tastes like poor choices.'"
I laughed until I was crying over the blind date one. Blasen said when he worked at Applebees, drunks would always try to get in the kitchen.
We kept looking thru the magazine and came to a section about Family Stories. The story featured photos from a book called Awkward Family Photos. Ya'll you have to go peruse their website. Blasen and I literally looked through them for 2 hours laughing until we cried. It was very therapeutic. I'm serious...go right now. You'll laugh...it's healthy.
3 comments:
If you like those texts, you need to go to the website "texts from last night."
Some are not good. Some are as good as the blind date one.
Isn't the family photos awesome, to think anyone would actually think it was good idea to do some of the things they do.
oh my gosh that was hilarious. i laughed and laughed. i called brent at work b/c i was laughing so hard even though he can't even get on the internet at work. (gov't secure site has crazy strict rules) so funny.
Post a Comment