Sunday, July 25, 2010

Tuscaloosa Day Trip

We took another trip to T-town this weekend and a short one at that. We left Friday when Blasen got home for work then came back Saturday night. The purpose of our trip was to get our house ready for new renters.

I just love that house. If I could have moved the house when we left, I would have. Unfortunately, others don't love my house like I do. I must say, some people are just plain nasty when it comes to their domestic routines. I won't go into all the details, but I had several thoughts during my day of cleaning up. 1) It would entirely be worth the investment of a vacuum and to vacuum only once a month, if it would help you get your deposit back. 2) If you are going to live like this, I think you might as well live outside.

They had cleaned the shower upon moving out, but we walked through a week or so before and y'all that shower...oh my. I would have rather hosed off in the yard than step a shod foot in that shower. It looked like they had been bathing stray dogs in that thing.


This was how I found the air return. You think they had clean air circulating through the house?
I know many of you think we're insane for renting, but we just haven't been at a point, especially with the reno here, that we could pay two mortgages while waiting for a sale. Hopefully, after this year, we will...at least that is our plan.


Here's my cute little house, after a day of hard work. Thanks to my in-laws for all their help.

And on the trip I came off a winner with these guys...


My mother-in-law got a whole bag of serger thread from someone and since I have the serger, I get the thread. I'm so excited because it can be pricey and you need four spools of thread. So now I need to unpack my serger and make a 90 minute shirt.

2 comments:

Jeni said...

Awww, I miss that house too. Nobody will take of your stuff as good as you take care of your stuff; especially college students. Hopefully grad students will be better. :)

Jennie said...

Sorry about the mess; I sure wish we could have rented from you. Promise we're not THAT nasty!