Before you faint from all the posts...I just wanted to get caught up and by divine providence all three of my children are asleep. Granted it's 5:00 pm and I'll pay dearly for it later, but I'll take what I can.
Another house project done. I know, I know...you thought we were done. This was the last thing left and deemed unimportant to others, I guess. To me, it was a first for me...well, it's really just been a very LONG time. What is the last project you ask that is something I haven't experienced in years and years(at least 23)?
I have a closet that is actually attached to my room! I know it doesn't seem like much, but it's something I have not had since my childhood. Oh wait, I just remembered my first and second years of college I did have a closet in my room. Okay, so it's been 12 years. Anyway, it's been 3 years since I've had a closet period. For awhile I used one of those rolling racks for clothes, held together by duct tape. Then when we came home from China, I just gave up on the rack and moved my clothes to the laundry room. Basically we've had clothes spread all over this house for years, draped on furniture in various rooms and it's been driving me nuts.
Finally last night that all came to an end. Blasen and I finally finished up the closet. We've debated for weeks the set-up of the closet. And this is what we came up with.
View from when you first walk in.
Looking to the right.
We have a huge mirror that we found at Blasen's old work they were getting rid of and it hangs on the left right when you walk in. (This picture makes it look like I'm being sucked into the bright light.) We hung three poles and added shelves to two of them. I added an old bookcase of ours that I had stashed out in the guest house for jeans and such. The floor I cleaned up and painted a while ago. We found this carpet yesterday in the clearance stuff at Lowe's. This thing was a super deal. It's a 5'3"x7'5" comfy rug and marked down to $32. I had purchased another shag carpet from Wal-Mart awhile back that was just over twice the cost of this rug and I recently returned it thinking I may be able to find a cheaper carpet. I was about to give up and buy an ugly berber rug, but found this instead.
This closet is huge and I love it and it was wonderful to walk into my closet that is attached to my bedroom this morning to pick out my clothes...no more running through the house naked or robed to find clothes. Now I just need to get another iron and ironing board for the closet. Blasen and I decided we don't want to go to the laundry room to iron and I still need that one down there.
2 comments:
Yay for you! It looks so nice! We got internet today so now I can catch up on posts myself!
Congratulations! That closet turned out to be beautiful and highly functional. You definitely were inspired to return that Wal-Mart carpet; I love your Lowe's find! Enjoy!
Post a Comment