I'm so, so behind on my blogging and reading all the blogs I love to "follow." Blasen was home this weekend for a whirlwind trip. We hated to see him leave this afternoon. Hopefully we'll see him again in a few weeks. We were able to celebrate Zade and Isla's birthdays as a family. Isla chowed down on some cake. She definitely takes after her mother in that department.
Contractors are finally coming in to complete the work. I know, I know. You're thinking "why the crap didn't they come in three years ago?" My sentiments exactly....but we're not dwelling on that. I just need it done...please. My sanity is dependent upon it. I'm not asking for much...just a clean and orderly home. I just want the dining room to be a dining room and not the "store the stuff from another room" room. It's getting there. And I've been so involved in the work, that I even dreamed about 1/4 round moulding the other night. I dream about paint colors and painting trim and any number of things.
And even as much as this is annoying the mess out of me, I'm honestly contemplating doing it again. I figure it's the only way I will truly have the kind of house I like. The fun part is taking the footprint and then making it what you want. It's the getting there that's trying to everyone.
Thanks to everyone who has given their time and efforts to help out even though it isn't their responsibility.
I know I've promised pictures, but my camera is downstairs and I'm too lazy to go and get it right now. Later...I promise.
2 comments:
You want to renovate again? After this?
You are crazy.
LOL
I suggest building from the ground up instead of renovating. That way you're living somewhere else BESIDES the place you're building.
You're a rock star. For real.
Post a Comment