Sunday, February 21, 2010

Chez Nous is Moving

Doncha just hate getting behind on blogging. It's like laundry sitting there to be folded and put away. It becomes less and less appealing with each passing day.
We've sort-of been all over the place lately...literally. Blasen and I flew up to Wisconsin Valentine's weekend for some interviews with Kohler Co. and a semi-house hunting trip. Saturday, they gave Blasen a final offer. We accepted the offer this week and he gave his notice to his current boss. Today he flew back to Kohler for work this week, then will be home for two weeks to tie things up here and then heads back to work there. In the meantime, we've got to get this house finished and/or sold.
We are excited about this new job. It is doing what he loves to do and will give him opportunities for growth in his field and offer a little more stability.
Now on to where we are moving. Ever hear of a place called Sheboygan? It's just fun to say! Sheboygan, WI is about an hour north of Milwaukee and 45 minutes south of Green Bay. Yes, it's cold there. It snows and just stays there all winter. I really liked the town on my visit there. It's about the size of Decatur with a population of around 50,000. It sits right on Lake Michigan, which is cool. It always seems we settle near water. Did I mention it snows there? This I'm a bit afraid of. I did live in the snow when I was a missionary. When I walked in the snow up to my shin and felt the cold air hit my lungs last weekend, memories of Switzerland and France rushed back. It's really not that bad.
Blasen's work is in the Village of Kohler just outside of Sheboygan. There are actually lots of familiar names up there. All in that area you have Kohler, Sargento Cheese, and Johnsvonville Brats. Sheboygan is known for its brats...said to be the Bratwurst capital of the World. It also hosts the annual Dairyland Surf Classic, the world's largest lake surfing contest. All interesting facts?!
So, Chez Nous is headed north for a new adventure. I'll keep you updated on what's going on. We're in full construction mode around here. I'm more responsible for making the house look "pretty". I'll post pictures when I get them taken.

8 comments:

darinangel said...

Sara, that sounds great. What an adventure.

mcamp said...

um...yeah quite and you just got the kitchen you wanted...

Jennie said...

We're excited for you!!! Although Evie insists that Sheboygan cannot be the city's name. She says it sounds like "baby talk!" =)
Good luck on finishing up; I literally know how you feel!

Kathleen said...

Congratulations! That paradigmatic shift in Blasen's career sounds like exactly what he wants and needs. Hope you can turn your new home into everything you want. Man, I think that's a lot like life--you change things, renovate, tear down, rebuild, and get things in order so to speak, and then the opportunity to restart or create something even better comes your way. Exciting changes! Good luck with all that this move entails, especially on finishing and selling your beautiful home.

nbarnes2 said...

congratulations! i had no idea y'all were moving. how can you leave your house after working so hard to make it look so amazing!

tracyp said...

Everytime we finish a house we move within a month or so. Welcome to the group! I'm so coming up for a cheese fest!!!!!! Good luck with getting everything done!

Cheyenne said...

Ahhhh, brats. And cheese. Wisconsin is, indeed, a good state!

Caroline said...

How exciting! I hope everything goes well for y'all! The house is looking great!