Sunday, December 13, 2009

La Cuisine a Chez Nous

Saturday we spent finishing up some base boards and installing the appliances. Then I vacuumed the cabinets and helped Blasen get all his tools out of the drawers. He was already trying to take over my space with his dirty tools. Granted they built this beautiful kitchen, but they aren't living there.
There isn't much left to do...some base boards and paint touch-up. The built-in needs glass front and I need to paint the bottom doors and drawers. Tomorrow I hope to wipe down the cabinets with some wood soap and do the same to floors before I start finding homes for all my kitchen stuff. I will have plenty of room and look forward to taking stuff out of boxes that's always hidden in a closet and I forget that I have.

Here is said built-in which will be used as a china cabinet to house, obviously china and all my other serving pieces that I've forgotten that I own.


Here's the island with a view of new work space by the fridge. This used to be where the sink was.

View from door walking into the kitchen from dining room.
View from the seating side of the island. Still working on finding the stools that I want.

View from mudroom door. Which this is new too, but I can't find a picture of it. Blasen found an old door in the attic with a glass pane. So, I cleaned it up and repainted it.

So you get the picture. I hope to get moved in this week so we can finally decorate for Christmas. My kids are dying to decorate, but I've said not until we get back into the kitchen. I know, I know...not nice. But all the kitchen wares are in boxes scattered throughout the house. I'm getting there.

8 comments:

Emily said...

Oh, my heck! It is amazing! I love it! We'll be over soon to see it! I'll call first! :)

mcamp said...

B-E-A-UTIFUL

darinangel said...

Sara I love seeing what you guys are up to. Your children are cute. It has been nice to see the changes you are making in your home. I love seeing the updates. I hope you have a great Christmas. We will have to exchange info and chat sometime.

Jeni said...

Hooray!!! Love it, love it, love it! We'll be settling into new kitchens and decorating for Christmas at the same time!

Rachael M. said...

Looks good! We have been daydreaming about our own kitchen renovation, and it's nice to see one actually get done and done nicely without hired help. Of course, you are willing to help and I am - with only one child - WAY too busy for all that ;-)

Cheyenne said...

Awesome! I don't even recognize it! Now come down and do mine...

tracyp said...

Looks great Sara! I'm so glad its done... Not as glad as you are I'm sure!

Caroline said...

Wow! That is beautiful!!