I was going to show the new hardwood floors we picked out for the kitchen, but I cannot find them online anywhere. We found them at Lumber Liquidators in Huntsville, and they are being shipped from a store in Virginia. Weird thing is, they don't show them on their website. The name is Dark Sand Beech. They match the dark edges of our cabinets (remember we got them in China?). They get here this week and then we can install them after they sit for a few days. As for the rest of the kitchen the drywall has been sanded and mudded several times now and should be ready for primer and paint soon. Lights were installed this weekend. We changed out the main light for an island light that was originally in our master suite. Blasen added the can lights and they'll be on a dimmer switch. Also, there will be under cabinet task lighting. I think I will finally have enough lighting in a kitchen.
Monday, November 9, 2009
All Kinds of Construction Going On
So, I've been playing with my blog today...finally. I think about blog posts often. You know, times when I'm not near a computer. Like when I'm in the shower, running on the treadmill, or grocery shopping. I'm taking note of a few that I hope to get up here this week. Meanwhile, I'm finally somewhat content with my design.
I was going to show the new hardwood floors we picked out for the kitchen, but I cannot find them online anywhere. We found them at Lumber Liquidators in Huntsville, and they are being shipped from a store in Virginia. Weird thing is, they don't show them on their website. The name is Dark Sand Beech. They match the dark edges of our cabinets (remember we got them in China?). They get here this week and then we can install them after they sit for a few days. As for the rest of the kitchen the drywall has been sanded and mudded several times now and should be ready for primer and paint soon. Lights were installed this weekend. We changed out the main light for an island light that was originally in our master suite. Blasen added the can lights and they'll be on a dimmer switch. Also, there will be under cabinet task lighting. I think I will finally have enough lighting in a kitchen.
The island light will hang lower. Blasen just temporarily raised it so he wouldn't continually run into it.
I was going to show the new hardwood floors we picked out for the kitchen, but I cannot find them online anywhere. We found them at Lumber Liquidators in Huntsville, and they are being shipped from a store in Virginia. Weird thing is, they don't show them on their website. The name is Dark Sand Beech. They match the dark edges of our cabinets (remember we got them in China?). They get here this week and then we can install them after they sit for a few days. As for the rest of the kitchen the drywall has been sanded and mudded several times now and should be ready for primer and paint soon. Lights were installed this weekend. We changed out the main light for an island light that was originally in our master suite. Blasen added the can lights and they'll be on a dimmer switch. Also, there will be under cabinet task lighting. I think I will finally have enough lighting in a kitchen.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I can't wait to see the finished product. I'm sure it will be beautiful! It already looks great. I know just how you're feeling remodeling-wise....
Post a Comment