It appears my blog has followed the way of all other things in my life...it's halfway done, awaiting it's completion. I just walk by and look at it undone and think "uh, not today." This goes for the pictures of my kids that need to be cut and sent to family(these photos were taken this spring), the front door waiting patiently for it's extreme makeover to be over(going on 2 years), the piles of Isla clothes waiting for the size/season swap-out, the piles of Sara clothes waiting for size/season swap-out, the pumpkin sitting on the stove staring at me right now waiting to be made into Isla food, and the list could go on. I would take pictures of all these things, but I'm tired and putting off showering. Why am I tired, beside the fact that I'm the mother of 3 young children? Well, in addition to laundry, dishes, canning applesauce, vacuuming, and caring for said children, I helped my sweetheart blow insulation into kitchen walls, hang drywall in kitchen, and chisel away at paint on aforementioned front door. I really don't like hanging drywall...it's just so dang heavy, but I want my kitchen finished and soon. Bliss was a big help with the insulation installation (ha!). He walked in the kitchen this morning and said "Dad, what are you gonna do with that time machine?" The time machine being the insulation blower and he soon found out. We put him to work as the official switch operator.
Anyway...as you see Miss Isla is becoming at pro at pulling up. Just wanted to put a picture up. I really need to go shower and go to bed. Blasen will be up early to work in the morning and I need to help hand the rest of the drywall.
I'll try to make it to completing my blog overhaul sometime soon. Meanwhile, I'll just be Scarlett and just think about it tomorrow.
4 comments:
Tomorrow is another day (says Scarlet). That's one of my most favorite sayings! I cannot believe Isla is trying to pull up and stand! Stop it, Isla! Stop it right now!
Looks like she'll be walking/cruising and SOON. I think you need more time of her being semi-immobile. It's hard when they start walking!
I hear ya about the neverending to-do lists. Just do what you can do in a day and try not to let the undone stuff get to you. (And I know personally this is easier said than done, coming from someone who gets extreme highs when checking things off my lists). It's hard enough to get stuff done, even without a house remodel. The fact that you are making homeade applesauce in a makeshift kitchen in your dining room during a remodel should count as checking like, ten things off the to-do list, right?
We'll know our assignment next week. I'll let you know. Now, I'm off to fold the five loads of laundry that has been sitting in baskets on top of the dryer since Tuesday.
I'm so far behind I never got the house decorated for Halloween. I spent a whole week organizing clothes into bends and getting rid of sizes we don't need anymore. So of course that left me behind on laundry. I will never catch up on dishes. Mostly, that is because that is the chore I despise! I look at the sink and my stomach turns! But, tomorrow is another day, and the boys have really been into me reading to them lately so I would much rather do that!
Let us know when you need us! I think I remember all the things I learned while working on the Ford home! :)
maybe you dont know but i LOVE your blog! i love all of your projects. i dont have a clue how to hang drywall or blow insulation or frankly how to do most of your house projects but i love hearing about people who really do overhaulin' kinda stuff. i also love love the owls. crazy cute. and then you through in the gone with the wind reference!!! too much.
Post a Comment