Here the boys' tried to be creative and according to Bliss were Wiki-tiki's like in Scooby-Doo. They soon realized the error in their shenanigans as they remembered their dad would soon be home and ran to the bathroom. Hurriedly they tried to get the marker off and that's when I realized I had given them the non-washable markers. They were stained for about 3 days despite all the scrubbing I did. Of course this was also the day that I burned the beans that I was to put in the chili I was making. (Side note: I would say 75% of the time I burn beans when I'm cooking them because I forget about them. So this time I figured I'd use my trusty pressure cooker. It said just to recover them after soaking them over night. Obviously their definition of "covered" and my definition of "covered" are two separate things as I burned the mess out of those beans. It smelled horrible in the house. Sadly it reminded me of my grandparents' house...50 years of cigarette smoke saturating everything.) After the bean incident, I threw in the towel and called Blasen to let him know we were going out for dinner. Good idea, right? Well, yes and no, as I had children covered in marker stain that somewhat resembled bruising in the dimly lit restaurant.
Tuesday, October 13, 2009
Family Time
Here the boys' tried to be creative and according to Bliss were Wiki-tiki's like in Scooby-Doo. They soon realized the error in their shenanigans as they remembered their dad would soon be home and ran to the bathroom. Hurriedly they tried to get the marker off and that's when I realized I had given them the non-washable markers. They were stained for about 3 days despite all the scrubbing I did. Of course this was also the day that I burned the beans that I was to put in the chili I was making. (Side note: I would say 75% of the time I burn beans when I'm cooking them because I forget about them. So this time I figured I'd use my trusty pressure cooker. It said just to recover them after soaking them over night. Obviously their definition of "covered" and my definition of "covered" are two separate things as I burned the mess out of those beans. It smelled horrible in the house. Sadly it reminded me of my grandparents' house...50 years of cigarette smoke saturating everything.) After the bean incident, I threw in the towel and called Blasen to let him know we were going out for dinner. Good idea, right? Well, yes and no, as I had children covered in marker stain that somewhat resembled bruising in the dimly lit restaurant.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'm trying to figure out that shot in the kitchen...is the fridge in the same place it's always been in? Help me here.
That picture is in the dining room in my make-shift kitchen. I need to post pictures of the kitchen renovation.
Post a Comment