Monday, August 24, 2009

Pilates



I ventured into the world of pilates today. I've been avoiding this class for several reason...all of which boil down to that I'm a chicken, scaredy cat, "yella", etc. I survived and it wasn't quite as bad as I feared. However, it was reinforced that I can't do a push-up and I have horrible balance. Supposedly it's all supposed to get better. The instructor is also trying to talk me into training for a half marathon. Always a goal of mine, so we'll see.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I tried Pilates a couple times and didn't like it as much as Yoga. My yoga instructor said yoga would help with pilates. Maybe do both?

Jennie said...

I've never tried pilates either but after this summer I'm up to 30 push-ups a day! A half-marathon is on my to-do list also. Maybe a joint effort?

Rachael M. said...

I eat pats of butter and scoff at you people with your "fitness."

:-D