Friday, May 15, 2009

Random Sampler

So it finally happened...Bliss decided he could hold Isla and walk around. We were getting ready to go to leave the house yesterday evening and I guess Bliss thought we were going to leave Isla. He walks into the living room holding Isla, saying "Mom, Isla wants to go too." I see him and my heart drops. I think I did really well not to freak out. I guess I was prepared...I figured it would eventually happen. Thankfully Isla weighs less than 10lbs.
I believe it's all catching up with me. Isla's a definite screamer, Zade is the destroyer still(latest conquest was to sprinkle baking soda deodorizer all over the kitchen floor), and Bliss just disagrees with everything I say. That combined with semi-sleep deprivation makes for the reason I was in my pajamas until noon and sleeping on and off all morning.
I made it thru the day and Blasen ended up taking the boys to the Bessemer Stake Father/Son camp-out. They just stayed thru dinner and activities and got home around 10pm. It was nice being just me and Isla last night. We went on our first shopping trip together. We went to Old Navy and found me a bathing suit, ugh, and Isla some cute clothes for this winter. Then on to Target right next door. There I found Isla a cute coat for next winter on sale for like $4.
So, regardless of how the day started, it seemed to end rather well. Granted it's taken me two days to write this post...oh well. Now on to Saturday cleaning!

Side Note: I have to say I'm a tad jealous of my friend Natalie at the beach. See Barnes Family blog. It looks so nice and relaxing.

4 comments:

Are You Being Messerved said...

Only if you like beaches!! Joe can attest that I don't like going, but will go when he needs a "kid day". I can't wait to see you guys. Are you going to be at Mom and Dad's for Memorial Day? I'm coming up Sunday afternoon so I was just wondering! Love you all and give the kids kisses!

The Thomas Family said...

I'm sure that was nice to experience just having one baby again! And I'm sure she'll grow up to be a tough girl trying to keep up with two older brothers!
And Benson has a little outie belly button. We had an appointment to get surgery done but then decided against it.

Cheyenne said...

Aubrey didn't even tell me your boys were up there. He doesn't tell me anything. Did they have fun? Aubrey said the food was really good. Sorry things have been a bit crazy for you. At least your kitchen floor smells nice. I found a sticky part on mine and about left the bottom half of my foot. Can't wait to see you this weekend!

Unknown said...

Good luck with everything if Isla's a screamer. All 3 of my boys were. (Well, Adam technically still is as he is only 17 months) Remember to take some time by yourself to get away frequently; that helps to stave off the crazies!