Thursday, March 12, 2009

Week of Zade continued

It's been one of those weeks...you know, when you wake up and it's Thursday and you wonder what happened to the previous 4 days. Monday is still sort-of vague. I believe I spent most of the day menu planning and making grocery lists. In addition to my monthly menu, I'm attempting to make about a month's worth of meals I can stash in my new chest freezer for easy access once the baby is born. I did get to go grocery shopping without the kiddos...which was heaven. Tuesday I went to a consignment sale in Huntsville to search for clothes and random baby stuff we still lack. Zade and Bliss chilled with the Hatcher cousins for a large portion of the day. Thanks to my sister Emily for putting up with 5 kids for that long. Thankfully it was a beautiful day out and they have a fenced in back yard. She just threw them outside and they loved it, especially Zade. Here you see him dressing up, which he loves too.

Wednesday was catch-up day. I wanted to take pictures of my house as each and every room looked like a disaster area. All of which happened within a matter of one and a half days. How that happens, I'm not quite sure. That evening, again to Huntsville and the Hatchers. They watched the kids again as Blasen and I went to pick-up our new family vehicle. We are now minivan owners. I would post a picture, but I've tried 3 times now and my computer has frozen all 3 times...so, I'll pass for now. It's a navy blue '02 Town and Country. The boys love all the space and the automatic doors. I love that they can get themselves in and out with little help.
Today we went to the doctor for Zade's 2 year check-up...which I feel is a complete waste of time and money. I made the appointment thinking we had a few more shots, but I was wrong. We got him up-to-date before we went to China and he's set until kindergarten. I really like our doctor, but I hate waiting, which is even more difficult when your 8 months pregnant and your 3 and 2 year olds want to touch everything in the exam room.
Thankfully, it is Thursday. This means the week is almost over and Blasen will be home. Granted he'll be working on the house every second he's home, but it's nice to have him around.

3 comments:

Jennie said...

The week can get lost, huh? I know you are reluctant mini-van owners just as we were but they do make live much easier. I love ours and would hate to lose the space. I know they are totally uncool but what's a mom of 3 (or more) to do? Our kids got to the point that they could barely ride in our sedan without coming to death blows. Enter the minivan and no one can even reach each other! SERENITY NOW!!!! Thy name is minivan.

Are You Being Messerved said...

Okay, I may not have kids but only working three days a week for four hours can make you loose track of time too. I know how you feel. Going to work feels like Monday every time. I can't wait to see the house all done up and looking lovely. I hope things are going great with the week of Zade. I miss you and our trips to Sonic. We'll have to have one weekend to do what we used to when I'm back! I love you guys and I can't wait to see you all again, hopefully soon!!

Jeni said...

Yay, a chest freezer and a mini van! Two of my favorite things that make my life a whooollle lot easier! Did you have any luck at the consignment sale up there? Call me this weekend and let me know about the stroller!