Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Visit to Mama Ford and Grandfather's

The day after Zade's birthday, the kids and I loaded into the packed full van and headed to my folks' in Ragland. I had a full agenda and wasn't sure if I could accomplish everything in the amount of time I'd allowed. I have a nasty habit of planning way too many things in a way too short period of time. I needed to go thru baby and kid clothes, work on sewing projects, put together freezer meals, and visit with friends and family. Amazingly, I accomplished everything I wanted by Wednesday night, so we could leave on Thursday morning.
My sister Jennie and I decided to make a month's worth of freezer meals in one day for the both of us.
Here's one picture of the day. It really does not do it justice. The kitchen was a wreck. Thankfully (and amazingly), we were finished and cleaned up by the time my mother got home from work. At times during the day, I felt like a lunchroom lady with all the food we had going at one time. I definitely don't want to do that again for awhile. I'm sure it would have been better if I wasn't 8 months pregnant and if I had worn shoes while standing all day on a tile floor.
That was Tuesday...Wednesday, was visit day. My friend Rachael and her new baby Lilah came for a visit along with the Ennis family.

Again, I failed to take pictures of Lilah. This is one from my sister's blog of my niece Evie with Lilah and Bliss. I guess I had a somewhat good excuse...I was serving as baby holder helper to all the kids. Everyone wanted to hold her. I was very pleased that Bliss was so excited to be around a baby. Good thing since we'll have one here soon. Lilah is such a good baby and let everyone hold her with no complaints.
That day was full of fun. It started with a hike in the woods with Grandfather, gardening with Mama Ford and Grandfather, birthday celebration with friends and cousins, opening baby gifts, fishing with David and Ethan, visit to Vaughn Family Farms to see the goats and chickens, jump on trampoline, and shoot Uncle Krager's air pistol. Again, I failed to take pictures. I figure that doing all this in one day was enough...taking pictures was asking too much of me! Zade loved the animals, especially Marshall the big black lab and Bliss loved the shooting guns with Uncle Krager. A special thanks to Uncle Krager, because Bliss has yet to make the connection between toy guns and real guns.
Amidst all the reverly, I actually was able to work on all those sewing projects that I wanted to do. Again, I forgot to take pictures of some. I made a wet bag for Rachael's diaper bag. You can throw poop/pee/spit-up clothes in when you're out...very convenient. Jeni got a checkbook holder that was super cute. I made a smock for Sarah Katherine that Jeni was going to finish up with the buttons. I made a boppy cover and a sling for me and new baby Archibald.
I'm having major issues with posting pictures. Our computer, I fear, is about to die. It freezes-up way too much. So, for now, no pictures of sewing projects.

1 comment:

Jennie said...

That was a fun visit! The cooking was tough but I'm willing to try again (maybe after baby?).