
Publix has been having strawberries on sale for the past couple of weeks and I LOVE strawberries. Well, I've always wanted to make freezer jam, so I decided this was the week to do it. I buy all my stuff and make a double batch. Yummo. I can't wait to dig in.
In addition to the freezer jam, I made Blasen a strawberry pie. I am so proud of this pie, because my shell actually worked. For some odd reason, I have not been able to make a pie shell for the past several years. Maybe I'm out of my pie crust funk now!?
I just love this pie plate...red and makes crimping edges easy.
3 comments:
Sara - I just made strawberry jam too! We're on the same wavelength! I just used the stuff that comes in the Ball packet...that pectin stuff or whatever it is with sugar and the mashed up strawberries. What recipe did you use?? I love me some strawberry jam on bagels with cream cheese...mmmmm.
Hey sara, dumb question, but how do you can strawberries... i could probably find out how online somewhere though. oh and what meals did you guys do for your month of freezer meals?
Noel...it's real easy. You need to sterilize your jars, lids, and rings since you won't be putting them in a water bath. I used some pectin for freezer jam that did not require any heating or cooking of the fruit. You can find it on the baking aisle in Wal-Mart and it gives you all the directions. good luck
Post a Comment