Sunday, March 15, 2009

Monkey See, Monkey Do

Lots of posting...I know, but what an eventful Week of Zade.
We made a monkey cake for his birthday. I was really nervous, because I've only made a few cakes in my day and this was by far the most involved. It didn't take as long as I thought it would, but I had a few helping hands too.

This was taken before he figured out he could suck the icing out of the bag.

Let's hope it tastes good and not like a rustic campfire aroma...the same that's permeated the rest of the house.
Yes, I've vacuumed with that baking soda odor remover stuff and "febreezed" every available surface. I have potpourri simmering and candles burning to no avail it seems.

6 comments:

Jeni said...

Adorable cake! I love those Wilton pans! My stepmom used to take whole apples and peel them, stick cloves in them, and then boil them and then lower them to a rolling simmer. She'd let them stew all day long. She also put some cinnamon sticks in the water. Made the entire house smell good. Try that??

Jennie said...

Whoa! Sounds like you guys had quite a weekend! The jam and pie look yummy and the cake is supercute. Hope Zade had a happy birthday today. Love you much see you tomorrow.

Emily said...

I can't believe someone called the cops! That's nuts! How did the cop know he was yours? So did someone who knows you call? That's crazy. Someone did that to Alicia once cause Ruby use to be an escape artist! She would get out everyday...a few times a day. Alicia was going nuts trying to keep her in the house. You are a great mother! I look up to you so much!

Cheyenne said...

The cake looks great! I LOVE me some strawberry freezer jam on my mom's homemade rolls. Yummy! Also, the pie looks great, too! We get a campfire smell, too, sometimes from the fireplace. Nothin' but time will make it go away.

tracyp said...

I SOOO wish you posted him sucking it our the bottom! That makes my day! Cake looks good!

The Thomas Family said...

Oh my gosh, Soeur. That is a pretty crazy week with everything you're doing ( I just read all your posts)and how far along are you? Holy schnikees.
You are really with it, that's fantastic. I guess you're trying to be before the bebe comes, huh? But really, you're a wonderful mother.