Just welcoming Ms. Lilah to the world. My dear friend Rachael had her baby today. We're so excited that she is finally here.
Other happenings...I've just been cleaning out and rearranging. One thing I learned from my time in China is that we have too much stuff. I still have boxes that are not unpacked from moving a year and a half ago. So, I actually hung pictures on walls today. I initially had high hopes of remodeling a little faster than what we've been able to do. I'm not waiting any longer. I can just redo once we do whatever it is we are going to do to each room. Also, we have way too many toys. So we cleaned some of those out to donate this past weekend. I don't know why I keep the things I do. Like tonight I found a box full of hangers, mostly wire hangers which I loathe. So instead of trying to keep them for when I "might" need them, they got tossed. I seriously doubt that I bought any of them. I'll just buy some when we need them...like when we finally have a closet.
I'll take some pictures of any worthy decorating projects. Bliss had lots of fun helping me hang stuff today. He walked around with a pen behind his ear saying it was "time to work." Zade was bound and determined to break something. He is mainly in demolition mode these days. I don't remember Bliss being so determined to destroy like Zade is. I never would've guessed that would be a character trait of my sweet Zade...surprises every day.
7 comments:
i read on Blasen's facebook note asking if anyone wanted to rent a house to contact him. Is this your current house or is this a different house?
It's our old house in T-town. We still own it and our current renter just moved out suddenly. If you know of anyone...send them our way.
I'm so pleased that you're still blogging. I worried it would stop when you got back home. So, thanks!
Thanks for the welcome - I was planning to call you andJeni when we got home yesterday, but kind of got sidetracked. :-) I WILL call this weekend!!
I, too, just started decorating full steam ahead...and we've been here almost four years! You're already doing better than I am!
I had a great time yesterday. Thanks for letting me visit! Good job on the decorating. I too thought I'd "hold off" until we "finished" the house...it's going on 5 years and we're still not done - and now the things we did at first are starting to break and need repair (ie the dishwasher was broken when I got home yesterday)!
Good for you! Mike and I realized that we need to just go ahead, that way it at least feels like home while you remodel instead of a renter feel.
Yea on purging stuff! I've gotten better this over the years (hard to believe I know!) but if I don't Mike will throw it all out for me. I can't wait to see pics!
Post a Comment