Monday, January 5, 2009

WARNING to all those not wishing to know what Archibald #3 will be

A baby update. I went to the doctor the Monday after we got home. Since it was my first visit, I was just scheduled to see the nurse practitioner. She was super nice and knew I was dying to see this baby or at least hear a heart beat. So, she worked me in for an ultrasound. I was ecstatic to see this baby movin' and groovin' around, but even more so when we saw it is a girl. Yes, I get a girl this time around! I'm so excited.
Now, the reason I give a warning is that my dad and my in-laws want to be "surprised". So, if you know them...try not to spill the beans. I've warned them that others know.
So, I go back to the doctor today to actually see the doctor. I was afraid this was going to happen...and it did. In the 3 weeks I have been home, I have gained 9 lbs!!! I have never in my life done that. Thankfully, I had lost a little weight in China...but still. I was mortified. I guess I'll get over it and just do better next time. It's been hard to resist all those things I've been without over the last 6 months. Needless to say, tomorrow I'll be in the gym again.
No names yet. Blasen and I usually avoid the subject so as to have harmony in our marriage. She'll have a name, I'm sure just minutes before we leave the hospital.

6 comments:

tracyp said...

Congrats Sara! I'm so happy for you and your family. I wouldn't worry about the 9 lbs, I"m sure once your are settled after holidays and once your kitchen is put back together life will settle down and the extra weight gain will stop... or your just going to gain weigh with girls...

Cheyenne said...

Don't worry about the 9 lbs. It was just the excitement of eating real food again. It will die down and things will taste just as bland as usual.

mcamp said...

9lbs how horrible

congrats on a baby girl

The Thomas Family said...

Wonderful, Sara!! I love having a girl. It really bugs me when people say this about certian things... but I'm going for it: having a girl is so much fun. So, do you have a plan of attack?

Katy said...

Hi Sara, I actually left a comment on your previous post about congrats for your girl and all that because I read both of your posts at the same time. So if you need to delete the comment from that particular post, feel free. So sorry!!!

heidi said...

hurray for girls! i just love mine. and my boy too!
but for real, i really want to name our next girl gwendolyn, but i know in my heart i am only having boys from here on out. how do i know? i'm a prophetess, of course!