Getting ready for the trek back over the ocean. Looked at our itinerary yesterday and each leg seems to be a little shorter going back over. I guess it has something to do with the direction we're heading and the earth's rotation or something. Flight to Japan is only 4 hours this time. Flight to Detroit a little over 11 hours. Flight home is 1 1/2 -2 hours. I think we have at least 2 hours of layovers at each stop, which is good since there is customs to go thru at both stops. That should be fun: Dad, pregnant Mom, two kids, carry-ons for all, 6 bags, and a stroller. Do we qualify for riding one of those carts?
Bliss is getting excited about all the things he can do when he gets home. First on his list is to play with Brett and Isaak, then ride his bike, which he says he will share with Zade. He also can't wait to see the grandparents...and of course the Superman cake that we've talked about since September.
Zade will be losing many freedoms that he dearly loves. It will be back to the car seat, high chair and crib. I am looking forward to this. Zade is notorious for wanting to roam around and eat. However, I'm positive he will love to be back to his yard and all his toys.
We went to Wal-Mart for the last time last night...that is a Chinese Wal-Mart. It's been very nice to have so close. I definitely won't be missing the overwhelming smells of dried and live fish, dried meats and various fungi that welcome you each time you walk in. We will miss it though, as it was like a trip to the aquarium every time we went.
I put up some new photos on the side of the boys with their Christmas hats. I just have to comment how cute my kids are...sorry. Yes, Bliss is likely just wearing underwear...carrying on the nudity theme. But doesn't he look like an elf? Zade is in his standard pose of "cheesing" for the camera. I'll just have those pictures flashing thru my mind as we fly back home, because I know they won't be looking like that, more like disgruntled elves.
I'll try to post some more random thoughts this week before we leave. After that, I can't promise much. Life just won't be as exciting.
4 comments:
Um, hello, life with 2.5 kids is definitely exciting and those of us who live a mere 4 hours away still want to know what's happening in Sara-Land :-)
Safe travels to you!
Thanks for your interest. I just hope that I don't revert to my pre-China blogging style of once every few weeks. I think I'm pretty addicted now though. I love seeing everyone's life thru their eyes too.
This comment is for Blasen. I suggest you pray to Jesus that my mother does not read the previous post EVER! You cannot feed a pregnant woman dog and expect her mother to be ok with that. Just sayin' be careful once you get home. J/K, can't wait for you to get back! Love you and see you in a few days, yay!
Oh, Sara your life will be full of remodeling stories...while pregnant and once you have the baby even more cool things to tell! Let me know about what time we should be at the airport to get you! The boys are ready to play! Love you!
Post a Comment