Saturday we were able to have the two people that work with Blasen, in his office over here, over for dinner. They have never had Mexican food so we thought we'd educate them. Granted our version is Mexican...American style. Thanks to Jeni, we had taco seasoning, which was the one thing we could not find. I made black beans, not the best, but okay. We had chicken and ground pork for the meat. Blasen made tortillas from scratch. And I made sopapillas. Blasen found chips and salsa at a store in Guangzhou. We paid about $8 US for a jar of salsa...but it was well worth it. It turned out a lot better than I expected. You never know what you're going to get when you're using substitutes and such. It took us a few hours to prepare everything, but that was mainly because we have two burners along with one pot and one skillet. Not much multi-tasking possible. Like I said, everything was good. Maybe it was just because it's been 5 months since I've had Mexican food thought...I don't know.
It looked like fun! Mexican always sounds good to me! Danny made a big pot of chili last night! It took 4 hours to cook! It was yummy! Get some good packing done and we'll talk to you soon.
So what is the deal with the Chinese flashing peace signs? I don't get it. Can't wait for you to get here and feed that Mexican craving the proper way!
I don't know how you survived all this time w/o Mexican food! Seriously, I would have died by now. I need Mexican at least every week or two. Evie also flashes peace signs in every pic. Maybe she's part Chinese? You know along with part mouse and part Elf -- she's very ethinically diverse! :)
Every Chinese person I've ever met, no matter what continent or country, has always flashed piece signs. I'm not sure what it is really. Bliss has started doing it too and it's really funny. It was funny, because they were confused when explained that we may have Mexican one night, Chinese another, Italian another, then a hamburger the next. It's always one thing over here...chinese. I was describing my favorite...the chimichanga...it made me so hungry. Anyway, fun times.
6 comments:
It looked like fun! Mexican always sounds good to me! Danny made a big pot of chili last night! It took 4 hours to cook! It was yummy! Get some good packing done and we'll talk to you soon.
So what is the deal with the Chinese flashing peace signs? I don't get it. Can't wait for you to get here and feed that Mexican craving the proper way!
LMAO - I had the same question that Jeni had. What are they - all Lindsey Lohan??
I don't know how you survived all this time w/o Mexican food! Seriously, I would have died by now. I need Mexican at least every week or two.
Evie also flashes peace signs in every pic. Maybe she's part Chinese? You know along with part mouse and part Elf -- she's very ethinically diverse! :)
Every Chinese person I've ever met, no matter what continent or country, has always flashed piece signs. I'm not sure what it is really. Bliss has started doing it too and it's really funny.
It was funny, because they were confused when explained that we may have Mexican one night, Chinese another, Italian another, then a hamburger the next. It's always one thing over here...chinese.
I was describing my favorite...the chimichanga...it made me so hungry. Anyway, fun times.
PEPITOS!
Post a Comment