This is our last day in China. There are lots of things that I won't miss and lots of things that I will miss. I will not miss paying $3 for a small jar of peanut, but will miss the cheaper prices for produce. I will not miss driving an hour to church but will definitely miss our international branch here. We have really enjoyed getting to meet people from all over the world with all kinds of experience. I won't miss the weird foods which Canton here is famous for, but will miss some stuff, like dumplings. Right now I can take a break from it all, but there is some really good food here. I will definitely not miss the crazy driving/drivers. Walking down the sidewalk with two toddlers is like running the gauntlet at times. You never know when there will be a motorcycle zipping down the sidewalk as Bliss is aimlessly swerving all over the place. My favorite are the cars with curtains on all the windows. How are you supposed to see?
This has been a wonderful experience for our family. We've learned a lot and have come to appreciate other things we may have taken for granted before. I'm sure we'll be back here in the future. Then we'll know more about living in China and it won't be such a transition. We'll see...nothing for sure or even potential, just possible given Blasen's line of work.
Thanks to all that have kept in touch and offered encouragement, especially for me. It is my goal to continue blogging. I do really like it and thing it's so much easier to keep updated this way. We'll see you all soon!!!
6 comments:
YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so excited!! I can't wait to see you guys. The Holidays will feel like old times this year with everyone home! Love you and be safe!
Have a safe trip! Count all the adopted kids on the plane for me. I've heard it's amazing.
I hope everything goes as planned during your traveling. I imagine the last flight will feel like the longest...
Have a fun flight!! I know it will be nice to be at home.
I hope you all made it home safe and sound. I can't wait to see you!!!
Hey hey! We just got your Christmas card and it's so cute! Love the letter too. You all make me feel so bad about myself! Between your sisters...you get so much done, kids and all! I'm still working on a full nights sleep and last years Christmas cards. Aubrey is getting so big these days. She looks just like Davin. It's too funny. She can get in the crawl position and she bounces back and forth. It's only a matter of time. She has two teeth & a Donald Trump comb over. Silly thing! Keep us posted on the new arrival! I think we are going to be making it down to AL this Spring for turkey hunting (of all things). Davin is taking my father and I'll just tag along... Anyway, we miss you guys and thanks for thinking about us! Have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
Much Love,
The Ford Family
Valorie, Davin & Ms. Aubrey :)
Post a Comment