Our little family has lots to be thankful for. We have a home and food and clothes...all the essentials, but then there's so much more. During our stay here in China, I've come to appreciate all those things I took for advantage back home. I think there are too many to list.
*Our Family: The most important thing we are thankful for is each other. I'm so grateful that we can be together as a family. I couldn't have asked for a better family. Now, we get to add to our family! Yes, another Archibald will soon be joining our ranks. Bliss would have preferred going to the park to get a baby(so he said), but we're going about it differently. Looks like mid-April will be the arrival time. We are super excited and all has gone well so far. Mom's pulling for a girl, while all the boys want another boy to add to their numbers.
*The Gospel: We are also grateful for the gospel of Jesus Christ, without it are family wouldn't be what it is. Blasen and I have been very fortunate in our lives to have come from such wonderful families and have parents and grandparents that love and teach us. We hope that we can carry on that tradition and teach and love our children just the same...and even more.
*My Hubby: I am also grateful for my husband. I am very blessed to have found him. That all fell together in such a way that I never anticipated. It just reminds me that our Heavenly Father knows what is better for us than we do.
*My Friends: I have such wonderful friends. I include my sisters in this category...they are all my friends. Then I have friends that are like sisters. That I have close friendships that span over a decade is amazing to me. They all are remarkable women and make me want to be a better person. Love to you all...and you know who you are.
*Technology and Time Saving Inventions:...diverging from the more sentimental things. The dishwasher is such a wonderful thing and I haven't had one for a year and a half. I anxiously await to have mine hooked up...it's been sitting in our dining room in a box for a year now. A washer that doesn't take an hour to do a load of laundry is nice. The internet has been such a wonderful blessing, especially over here in China. I feel more connected to family and friends than I otherwise would.
This list could go on and on, but I'll end there for now.
8 comments:
I too am thankful for you! Having been spread out for a while now...I appreciate my sisters a lot more now. I love and admire them all! I hope I have been a good example in some way! Love you!
Aw, I love you!! You always know how to say the right things at the right time. I can't wait to see you at Christmas and live with you again!! I love you so much!
Hey this is Sarah--
That was great, Sara. You are great. I am still so thankful you trained me on the mish- seriously. So, are you pregnant????!!
I've been gone longer than I thought. Great list of thankfulness...and great posts all around. Can't wait to see you in a few weeks!
I'm pulling for a girl, too. Olivia needs a friend younger than her ;)
I, too, am thankful for my family and especially my sisters. Remember how Dad used to always tell us that our sisters would be our friends when nobody else would? Its true! I tell my kids that almost daily. I'm glad for that lesson. Love you and miss you! Kiss the boys for Aunt Jennie.
Congratulations on the new addition! Wow, a mom of three. I can't imagine...I've enjoyed reading about your life in China.
congratulations!
congrats
Post a Comment