So, I wanted to celebrate Halloween in our small corner of the world, but it snuck up on me. I woke up on Friday and didn't realize it was Friday until about lunch time. I had even bought a pumpkin to carve and yet it still sits uncarved on top of the microwave. I thought about what I could make for costumes from what we have available in our apartment. After mulling over that for awhile, I decided that our kids didn't know what the day was and didn't likely care. The only reason I would do any of it is for me. Considering all these thoughts, I came to the conclusion that I would do nothing...however, we did eat some candy Mama Ford and Grandfather sent.
Not much else this weekend. It was rainy most of the weekend so we watched movies. We bought Hancock, which I enjoyed. I didn't realize what the entire story line was beyond superhero. Very different, but I like it.
A note to all that give us an occassional call. With the time change we are now 14 hours ahead of Central Time Zone. Ajust according to your time zone. If you didn't know, we know have our US phone with us. Since we had an internet phone back home, you just call our old number in Decatur and you can reach us here, as if you were calling Decatur. So, if you want to call us, feel free, just remember the time difference.
Hopefully, I can have creative juices flowing this week and come up with something creative to blog about.
4 comments:
Awesome, I've been wanting to call and didn't know how to get in touch with you guys!! I know we went on vacation that Christmas, but I mean extended, for more than a weekend! I wish we could meet up, I miss you terribly. I can't wait to see you again! Love ya! Tell the boys I'll have presents for them at Christmas from Thailand!
Cool. I could probably get around to calling you before I got around to sending you anything...it sounds pretty doable.
Have you started the "Countdown to Home" yet???
And I have been afraid to call because I wasn't sure if my idea of the time change was right. And it wasn't. LOL
The time change always confuses me, especially when changing time zones for friends and family in the states.
Don't worry about sending anything, Cheyenne, we'll be home soon enough. Just under 6 weeks now. I'm seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. Still counting by weeks, not days yet!
Post a Comment