Tuesday, November 18, 2008

The China Daily

Blasen reads the China Daily everyday, I guess, and brings news from China back home to me. We've had a few good laughs over these the past couple of weeks. The first one that caught our eye was an article about an "adult only" hotel. Sounds like a brothel to me, but it's not, so they say. I'm sure we have these in the States too. What got us to laughing was the photos they posted of the rooms and the employee that demonstrates the different items in each room. I'll share a few photos.

Here she is on an exercise ball. I think that could be dangerous. Hope there aren't any sharp corners anywhere close.

This tells me the bed isn't too big if this petite chinese lady can practically stradle the bed.

This was, by far, our favorite. It looks like after a minute this may be a pretty painful.

Another story was of a Chinese lady that just turned 117 years old. She credited her good health and longevity to rubbing her body each day with warm water. Blasen tells me this and the first thing I think of is "don't we call that bathing?" I agree with her, bathing can help in good health and therefore, longevity.
The last story is more amazing than anything. This farmer in rural China somewhere just had quints. No fertility...nothing. What are the odds of that? It was one boy and 4 girls. In the States, this family would have companies donating all kinds of baby goods. What will they get here? The story didn't mention anything. The good thing of being a farmer is that likely they live among all their family, so lots of helping hands. More amazing is the petite-framed Chinese lady that carried them all to term. At least, they didn't mention any early delivery in the article. They all looked to be around 5 lbs. Amazing!

2 comments:

Jennie said...

Yowza!

Caroline said...

okay-those pictures are hillarious!