Thursday, November 20, 2008

An American Favorite

Like I said before, some weird stuff happened last week after the computer wouldn't let me log on anymore. If the following scenario would have happened in the States, we could be rich soon.
I was in our tiny kitchen making lunch for the kiddos. Hot dogs was on the menu. Zade really likes them, but I don't care for them, at least the ones over here. Anyway, I'm cutting up the hot dog for Zade and I get distracted. When I look back I see something on the hot dog and think "great there's a piece of random lint that has blown in from outside on his hot dog now." Upon closer inspection I find that it is not a piece of lint, but rather a piece of metal. Yes, you read that correctly....metal. A large chunck actually. It looks like it may have come from a damaged piece of equipment in the processing plant. We're working on a letter to the company. I documented everything I could and still have the piece of metal. Unfortunately, had the portion of the package that did not have the company name on it. I know what company it is, but no "proof." I'm not looking to get anything from them, but I feel they need to know that they have machinery that is falling apart or did with this batch of hot dogs. Crazy, huh? Here's one of my pictures, not the best.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Holy.cow. Yes, a letter is definitley in order. Don't know how they do things in China, but your remember when SK almost choked on the carseat backing? I wrote Graco a letter just to inform them and they had Fedex pick up my old car seat and delivered a brand spanking new one to me for free. If you don't get something out of this, then China sucks bad. If that happened in the States, it would be all over the news and if your kid got hurt because of it, you could probably send them to college for free.

Are You Being Messerved said...

So that's crazy! I'm so glad I got to talk to you finally last night!! It's been too long. I'm excited that you'll be home soon and we'll be neighbors again soon too!! Well, hopefully!! Love you and miss you, but glad you'll be home in 22 days!!!

Emily said...

I'm mostly glad that you saw it before you fed Zade! I too am glad you will be home soon. But I have to ask Biz. Won't you be considered a resident of Florida by the time you come back? And won't that cause you to have to pay out of state tuition? I'm just curious. Anyway, I'm glad you will both be here soon!