I think I'm ready to sale my children. Granted I've only had them for a few short years, but lately Zade has become "The Beast" more so than lovable "Zado the Potato". This morning alone he has turned the cooler on letting water run out, took a DVD out of the player while it was playing, dumped a box of cereal out on the table and broke a bottle of vinegar in the kitchen. I'm sure there is more, oh yeah, pulled toilet paper off the roll. I feel like our space here is so confined, and that should aid me in herding them. But I fail. When all this other stuff happened, of course, I was on the phone. Mothers being on the phone is a sign to children to do everything bad they've ever thought of. Either Mother on the phone or a Mother nursing. My sister commented this morning that she overheard her 2 year old say to his older brother as she sat down to nurse the baby, "Yea, we can go play!" "Play" being code for do whatever we want because Mom can't get up to stop us.
To top my morning off, I locked myself out of two our our bedrooms. One room was my bedroom and the other was the room we use for the water cooler. I have to do this to keep Zade out now, because he can reach the handle now. Our doors here have handles instead of knobs, unfortunately. Zade can get into everywhere now. I usually lock the doors, but I usually have the keys. For some reason Blasen stuck them in his pock this morning and left town for the day. He told me just to go buy some bottled water, not realizing that 1) my purse, therefore money was locked in our room and 2) I was still in my pajamas. Fortunately for us, there was an extra set of keys in his office and Scarliet, the administrative assistant was still there today. She came over and the keys worked.
Needless to say, both of my children WILL be taking naps today...or they may get sold.
P.S. Zade just unplugged the computer...making my screen dim. He's so thoughtful.
9 comments:
Our children must be channeling the same energy...or gene pool! LOL! I already have my for sale sign ready for my boys! Sometimes I think Dad got off easy, HA! Well, I loved talking to you...sorry it caused problems. Me being on the phone is code for Isaak to talk to me as much as he can. Love you girl...I hope tomorrow is better.
Good times in Chinatown, eh? Abourt Twilight: I bet she has writer's burnout after publishing all those books in three years. I wouldn't be motivated to finish, either. But, I'm rarely motivated enough to tie shoelaces, so I wear sandals. Aubrey is rude to rude people, too. But I find it especially true when the comment or action is directed toward me or Olivia. Maybe it's that primal instinct for them to guard their territory. I always chew Aubrey out for it, but secretly I'm like, "Ha, ha, you have awoken the beast. Prepare to die."
That is just too funny, sorry. I wish I could offer some help, but you're too far away right now!! I love you guys and I'll see you soon!!!
Oh, Sara. :) They are probably just bored. I now you are all ready to come home to your stuff...then they will have things other than water coolers and vinegar bottles to entertain them. Just under two months!! Yeah!
See, this is why I think I'll stop at one...
:-D
Hope it got better!
sorry you're having such a bummer of a day! I was just visiting with an old friend who was in town from China. She and her cute little family have been living in China for the past 5-6 years. They live near Sheng Hei (I have no idea how to spell it), anyway, I just thought it was crazy that I know 2 people living over there right now :)
Hey! I just realized that I left a comment on your blog using Tracy's account (I was at her house last week). So, that tracyp comment is actually me. You can tell because I used capital letters at the beginning of my sentences and for proper nouns. Oh, but that "abourt" should be "about"...I was typing on a laptop.
Jamie,
I'm blocked from your blog. LET ME IN! J/k. I want to see what's up with you guys. I miss you.
Cheyenne
I figured it was you since you mentioned Aubrey and Olivia. First I was confused, then I was like...this must be Cheyenne. Hope you guys had fun.
Post a Comment