Finally on Saturday we actually celebrated Bliss's birthday as a family. Blasen was so busy all week with work, since his boss was here. Saturday they left for Beijing for the weekend, so he had some free time. Saturday morning he did have to go out of town to do some business, so the kids and I cleaned. But that evening Bliss got to go to McDonald's again. We even went to the one with the indoor play area. After that we went on a hunt for a bakery with a good cake. We found this one place that had a couple, but the cherry tomato garnishments sort-of turned me off regardless of what was on the inside. The Chinese aren't big cake people, so when you ask what kind of cake is on the inside, they say it's just cake. We want to know if it's white, chocolate, yellow, etc. They also put a fruit jelly like filling between the layers and the girl couldn't tell us exactly what fruit, but it is usually honeydew melon. I thought I wouldn't risk it considering all my luck with all things Chinese lately. So we saw these individual chocolate cake things and we decided those would do. Bliss was really excited and said that would be fine even though he thought he was getting his Superman cake. They ended up being very yummy. There was a thin cake layer on bottom and then a chocolate mousse and topped with a chocolate fudge. Bliss really enjoyed it as did Zade.
Tuesday, September 30, 2008
All Good Things Must Come to an End
Just finishing up the events from the Week of Bliss...
Finally on Saturday we actually celebrated Bliss's birthday as a family. Blasen was so busy all week with work, since his boss was here. Saturday they left for Beijing for the weekend, so he had some free time. Saturday morning he did have to go out of town to do some business, so the kids and I cleaned. But that evening Bliss got to go to McDonald's again. We even went to the one with the indoor play area. After that we went on a hunt for a bakery with a good cake. We found this one place that had a couple, but the cherry tomato garnishments sort-of turned me off regardless of what was on the inside. The Chinese aren't big cake people, so when you ask what kind of cake is on the inside, they say it's just cake. We want to know if it's white, chocolate, yellow, etc. They also put a fruit jelly like filling between the layers and the girl couldn't tell us exactly what fruit, but it is usually honeydew melon. I thought I wouldn't risk it considering all my luck with all things Chinese lately. So we saw these individual chocolate cake things and we decided those would do. Bliss was really excited and said that would be fine even though he thought he was getting his Superman cake. They ended up being very yummy. There was a thin cake layer on bottom and then a chocolate mousse and topped with a chocolate fudge. Bliss really enjoyed it as did Zade.


Finally on Saturday we actually celebrated Bliss's birthday as a family. Blasen was so busy all week with work, since his boss was here. Saturday they left for Beijing for the weekend, so he had some free time. Saturday morning he did have to go out of town to do some business, so the kids and I cleaned. But that evening Bliss got to go to McDonald's again. We even went to the one with the indoor play area. After that we went on a hunt for a bakery with a good cake. We found this one place that had a couple, but the cherry tomato garnishments sort-of turned me off regardless of what was on the inside. The Chinese aren't big cake people, so when you ask what kind of cake is on the inside, they say it's just cake. We want to know if it's white, chocolate, yellow, etc. They also put a fruit jelly like filling between the layers and the girl couldn't tell us exactly what fruit, but it is usually honeydew melon. I thought I wouldn't risk it considering all my luck with all things Chinese lately. So we saw these individual chocolate cake things and we decided those would do. Bliss was really excited and said that would be fine even though he thought he was getting his Superman cake. They ended up being very yummy. There was a thin cake layer on bottom and then a chocolate mousse and topped with a chocolate fudge. Bliss really enjoyed it as did Zade.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I'm so glad you found some normal cake for him. Kids don't usually do tomatoes on cakes. I don't either, but kids for sure wouldn't go for it. Anyway, I have decided to buys icing from sam's club...I found out it lasts for two years and I thought that would work for birthday cakes and stuff!
I'm glad the week ended well, even with the crazy massage. From now on I think I'll celebrate my birthday all week also.. sounds like so much fun!
So, I cracked up about the blind man. It's just more stuff for my arsenal. I think I'll compile a list of it all. I'm glad you were able to find some cake.
Mmmm...those crazy chinese chocolate mousse cakes sound pretty good...said the pregnant woman with the chocolate fetish :-D
Post a Comment