
No fun outings today, besides the post office. Yesterday I noticed it was overcast all day and then windy in the afternoon. Then, when the pool didn't open I knew something was going on. Blasen had some meeting in Guangzhou last night and called and asked if I knew there was a typhoon headed our way. I hadn't heard, but I don't understand much, if anything, I hear these days. So, I started looking on line to see what I could find. Here's a picture of Typhoon Nuri, before it hit Hong Kong yesterday evening. I guess this was the worst storm in the past 5 years for this part of China. Nothing too dramatic here in Foshan, even though we aren't that far from the coast. It's rained all day and remains windy. We're just enjoying a fun day indoors.
After the post office fiasco, we got something for lunch. Blasen took Bliss down into this outdoor market to look around while Zade and I waited on our food. Bliss returned with tales of chickens, geese, and ducks. He loves seeing all the animals, dead or alive. It doesn't seem to phase him. Here's a picture of us in Wal-Mart once with their fresh duck out to choose from.
5 comments:
Glad your not swimming!
Hurricane Faye was just down graded to a Tropical storm and it is going directly over Mississippi and AL. So we are under flood and tornado watches for the rest of the week. So your yard should look great this year. We have had a good bit of rain since you left. Much more than last year. Anyway, it will be raining here steadily for the rest of the week.
I, too, am a crossword fanatic. I mean, it can be a real problem addiction for me. Check out my blog...I finally posted...
I love your blog... you post a million times these days, it is the best.
We have been in NC for three weeks now and just got the internet. Ah! So, I'm getting back into the swing of things. Thanks for the message about book #4. I'll give it a try!
those ducks are seriously the grossest thing. ever. good thing david doesn't mind pulling innards out of animals for when we have to one day. and, i love your new playlist. again, memories. so many memories. last of the mohicans: speaks for itself, enya: sunday afternoon naps in the yellow house, and the list goes on. do you have that router yet? i wanna talk to you.
Post a Comment