Very detailed...it's going to take forever. Bliss already likes to help. He sits beside me and pulls the needle through for me on the up-stitches. Like I've said, I've never done a cross-stitch this detailed or large. I figured "why not give it a try." I thought I got it at a good price too, everything, including needles, for about $20. It should keep me busy for a while. It will make up for not reading, I guess.
Wednesday, August 27, 2008
New Project
I've not updated this week, because we've had problems with the internet. Appears there is construction going on and everyday something gets unplugged. Nothing too exciting happening in the Archibald apartment. I've found a new project though and I'm excited to have found this. I found a cross-stitch kit of a traditional Chinese painting. The lady that sold it to me was very nice and helpful. I've never done a cross-stitch this large (2ft x 1ft), so I was a bit apprehensive. She drew out the grids for me and marked everything. She even offered to lay out my threads for me. I assured her I could do that part. Here's a picture from the company's website.
Very detailed...it's going to take forever. Bliss already likes to help. He sits beside me and pulls the needle through for me on the up-stitches. Like I've said, I've never done a cross-stitch this detailed or large. I figured "why not give it a try." I thought I got it at a good price too, everything, including needles, for about $20. It should keep me busy for a while. It will make up for not reading, I guess.
Very detailed...it's going to take forever. Bliss already likes to help. He sits beside me and pulls the needle through for me on the up-stitches. Like I've said, I've never done a cross-stitch this detailed or large. I figured "why not give it a try." I thought I got it at a good price too, everything, including needles, for about $20. It should keep me busy for a while. It will make up for not reading, I guess.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Good luck! I bet it will be beautiful! I have a cross stitch I started about 5 years ago and have still not finished!
Do you like those number puzzles? I can't remember what they are called. I know you can download some from the internet.
That is a GREAT deal! Stuff that size including all the threads usually is more in the $40 - 50 range!
What a neat "souvenir" you'll have to hang in your house when you come back :-D
I think the cross stitch is really pretty. It will be neat to have once you are back in the US. I started a cross stitch sampler when I was pregnant with Holdyn and I am still not done! Pathetic, I know. I can only work on those in spurts and usually in the winter (for some wierd reason).
I love to cross stitch and haven't in a while. I don't think I have the guts for that but it's gorgeous! You'll have to decorate a room around it!
Sara it will be really cool to have in your house, a nice part of China! Good luck finishing it! So cool to have a lil' helper from Bliss..
May I ask where you purchased this? I seen this pattern and fell in love with it instantly. The only places I have found to purchase it are overseas and do not trust some of the sites. Thank you.
Post a Comment