
Bummer #1
So one of my past times here in China is to read or listen to books. Since Blasen said books would be too heavy to lug around I put several audio books on my MP3 player. I'm listening to the 3rd book in the Traveling Pants series and I realize that somehow I didn't transfer one of the disc to my player. I'm so bummed. Now I have to wait until December to finish the book and that means I have another entire audio book (the 4th book) that I can't listen too. I'm going to run out of books! I suppose I can reread some if I get desperate.
Bummer #2
Blasen went to go visit a factory that makes flexible porcelain tiles. (Don't ask me how this can be...I'm interested to find out myself.) He calls just before lunch and says he may be home later than he thought. He proceeds to tell me that they were just in a wreck! I'm thinking it's okay because he told me they were taking a bus. No, this is after the bus when they were with driver the factory sent out to pick them up from the station. I guess he was turning and some lady hit them on the back side. Blasen said that got flung around pretty good, but no injuries. He said his neck was a little sore and I assured him it would be a lot sore tomorrow.
Bummer #3
Bliss is supposed to be using the potty, but has rebelled today and pees like some untrained dog all over the floor. Thankfully the entire apartment is tile and the furniture is faux leather. One would think peeing all over yourself would be uncomfortable, undesirable, bothersome even. Not Bliss...it doesn't phase the kid.
So those are my bummers for the day/week. Hope no new ones come up.
9 comments:
Sounds like a crazy day! I'm sorry! I guess Jennie probably has some good advice for you on the potty thing. Brett has rebelled a little but only by deciding to use pullups as diapers cause I refuse to by anymore diapers. But he will behave and do what he's suppose to if I leave him in underwear. I hate that he is being that way for you. I have said many times my least favorite thing about parenting is potty training, it sucks...pardon me. But it does! I hope Blasen is feeling ok. Have a better day today!
I'm glad Blasen is ok! Those Chinese just drive however they choose, huh? As for potty training, I finally got to the point with the girls that I also refused to use diapers and they just had to deal with it. Harder, I admit, with boys because they seem to be unfased by pee and poop all over them. Boys are truly disgusting!
Huge bummer on the books! Have you looked at the Kindle? It's like this little device (paperback size) that lets you download Kindle available books and then read on screen. They are available on Amazon. I have no idea about cost but it could be worth looking in to. Or maybe Emily could get you the sisterhood CD and mail it to you. We don't have CDs at our library, sorry.
I know you can download books onto your MP3 from the Internet...do a search online. That way you won't run out of books!
I think Sara Katherine may be potty trained before Ethan, seriously. She is SO ready to use the potty and I"m just not ready for that yet. But she will go sit on the potty with her clothes on and call me into the bathroom to motion for me to get her toilet paper and then she "pretend" wipes. THe other day she brought me a diaper and the wipes into the living room. I checked her and she was dry. About five minutes later, I smelled something....yes, she knew she was about to need a diaper changed and she saved me a trip to her room. Ethan, on the other hand, is perfectly content to poop in his diaper and stew in it. But, when I change it now, he does cover his nose and mouth and say "Something's stinky". He also goes and hides to do his business now. It's time to get him on the toilet. When I get back to our house next month, we're going to start hard and heavy. But, though diapers are expensive and a pain, it sure is more convenient for me when I'm running all around the country!
I love all these posts you're doing!! See how much time you have when you're not cooking and cleaning??
Love and miss ya!
You are a blogging fool! Where do you find the time?! Sorry...I confess I laughed at your bummers! It sounds like China is really fun and interesting. Oh, guess what my mom gave me AFTER you left...the Twilight series. Just a bit ironic!
There is a website called "hulu.com" where you can watch tv shows and movies for free, so I bet with a little searching you can possibly find one with books on tape for listening to streaming.
I'm sorry! I think you should totally have Blasen talk to the business owners about giving you the discount if you notice some of the onlookers buying! OH and I'd love to hear about the porclein tiles!
Thanks for all the potty and book advice. Bliss is definitely our child...very strong-willed x2. Lucky us.
I love reading your posts ma soeur!
Sara, I have taken Jennie's advice twice and just refused to buy diapers. Yes, it is a hassel and you feel like you want to die, dealing with it, but when it's over you feel so good you stuck with it! And yes, Jennie, boys are disgusting! I agree!
Post a Comment