I couldn't sleep and finally made changes to my blog that I've been wanting to do for some time now. It sounds strange, but that's why I haven't updated my posts lately. I keep telling myself I'll redesign later and that's when I'll write more. Later finally came. Unfortunately, "later" is really late and tomorrow I'm going to think this is a horrible idea. Share your thoughts on the new look. Yes? No? What do we think? I haven't decided if I really like it or not yet. It took long enough, so it may be awhile before I change it again.
Unlike my blog that lies dormant, my life moves on. Let me share with you my attempt to save my family some gas money and how it bit me in the rear. So, as I said, I thought I would help out and save some money by walking to the gym in the mornings pushing the boys in the stroller. There are many benefits from this: I get extra cardio in, the boys go on an adventure, and we save gas. The gym is just under a mile from our house, adding an extra 1.5-2 miles to my gym efforts. The second day we do this, I somehow lose my MP3 player on the way home. I get in extra exercise that day, because I walk back to the gym looking for the dang thing. I was totally bummed. Whoever found it, I hope they enjoy my diverse music selections mixed in with sessions from General Conference!
The story continues...
On Mother's Day, however, I get a gift (not to hate on Blasen, but this is a first and I've been a mother for several Mother's Days now). To my surprise, it's a new MP3 player. Way nicer than my last one! So, I get the feeling that we really haven't saved any money on the gas. It was just spent on something else. In my opinion, I'd rather have that than the gas. I enjoy walking!
7 comments:
I like the new look! I don't know how to use anything but the premade templates, so you're ahead of me. LOL
I wish the gym I use was closer. I mean, it's close enough - about three miles. But there are no sidewalks between here and there and I really don't think I'd be up for walking 6 miles in addition to my workout. LOL Not to mention it would take me an HOUR to get there, because on a GOOD day I have a 15 minute mile!
:-D
Hope to talk to you soon!
Love the new background! I've been wanting to revamp mine, but just haven't yet. I tried once, and it was incredibly complicated and took way more time than what I thought it should have, and it still didn't work! I'll save it for another sleepless night when David is away at Field Training. And, that cracks me up about the MP3 player! What a cool way to get a new one! See you soon!
Sara, that is too funny! Blasen did a good job then for mother's day. Just think if you hadn't saved gas and lost the player at the gym! That would have been even more money. Ha! Anyway, I love your new look on the blog and I can't wait to get out and do some exercising myself!
i love your new background. i've been using the same excuse!
I like the paper! I started to redesign mine and just went back to a template...Olivia woke up from her nap. I won't see you at Elizabeth's wedding, we'll be in Georgia, but hope to see you BEFORE you go to China!
I like the new look! I'm sure you're happy to have a new, even BETTER, mp3 player (it's about time Blasen stepped up for Mother's Day.. hehe), but I know it makes you sick to lose something like that. Jared and I went to Nashville back in February, and as we were walking around downtown, I was taking pictures. By the time we got back to our car, I realized I was missing my brand new digital camcorder that my mom had gotten me for Christmas. We went searching for it but no luck... it still makes me sick to think about it!
I love that post. Man, if we lived close I would walk with you. I would walk all day with you!! It would remind me of the mish... running after you! :)
In another month or so I hope to get my routine going like that. Well, I guess I need a double stroller first.
Post a Comment