Thursday, January 16, 2014

To A New Year



We...err, I...have been caught up in the hustle and bustle of the holidays. We were able to head back to Alabama for Blasen's brother, Makade's, wedding at the end of December. It was nice being able to see family and friends, but it really puts a kink in my routine.

Routine was already thrown out the door due to the holidays in general, but add a long road trip, and we are just about to get back to normal and it's nearly the end of January. 

We survived the drive...which is saying a lot. It was the third time we made the drive and the first time we did it all in one day. It was a VERY LONG DAY, but it was worth it so we could spend more time with family. 

My very kind sister, Emily, used her new camera to try and take a family photo for us. She did a great job considering her subjects. I'm hoping to do some other family pictures soon. We haven't had pictures made since Isla was 1 and she's starting kindergarten this fall. I might need to get on that. 

I was resolving not to make resolutions this year. That's impossible for me, because there is something innate in me that loves a new beginning and committing to change. New Years resolutions were made for my personality type. But it's hard for me to commit to much of anything at this time in my life. So, I'm aiming for simple changes so I can feel like I'm progressing in life. It's easy as a mother to get caught up in the mothering. There will always be laundry to wash, floors to vacuum, meals to prepare, messes to clean and children to care for. I have to remind myself that no matter how hard a I try to keep up, it's never finished. 

So my biggest resolution is to let some of that "stuff" go. No one else in my family apparently cares much about it as I do. It isn't going to really bother them. I'm not abandoning my order altogether...just taking it down a notch or two.

Thus far, I feel like I'm doing pretty well. That'll be for another post and hopefully that will come sooner rather than later. 
post signature

1 comment:

Emily said...

Sara, did I send you more pictures than that? I have a lot of your kids and I don't remember if I sent them to you or not?! Let me know. I loved taking pictures of all the kids!